The next level set up from 1 is going to primarily focus on audio quality. This is a fairly inexpensive way to get decent audio and the ability to grow the audio to a level 3 stream. Most of the equipment on this list will not be replaced for years. The drawback to this set up is the mics will pick up a lot of background noise from the venue. Be careful with your positioning.
This is basically a shopping list. Grand Total is 258.63.
1. Behringer Xenyx 1002B Audio Mixer 99.00
2. Pyle Microphone (2) PDMIC58 13.88 Each
3. Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface 29.99
4. RCA Audio Cable (2) 8.99 Each
5. Hamilton Nu-Era Table top mic stand (2) 14.00
6. Sony lightweight headphones (2) 23.95 Each
7. TRS 1/4″ to 1/8″ Audio Adapter Convertor Y Splitter Cable 8.00
What about Level 3? Level 3 is going to be a continuation of increasing audio quality. You could skip to this is you have the funds to do so.
Total Cost – 432.99
1. Audiotechnica BPHS-1 Headset / Mic unit. 199.00 (2)
2.Behringer Microamp HA400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier 24.99
3. 1/4″ TRS Male to 1/4″ TRS Male cable. 10.00
Note! This will be replacing the following,
Pyle Microphone (2) PDMIC58 13.88 Each
Hamilton Nu-Era Table top mic stand (2) 14.00
Sony lightweight headphones (2) 23.95 Each
This is a steep financial curve but the components will likely be one time investments.